Accounts Payable Staff Accountant
The Accounts Payable Staff is responsible for the completion of the accounts payable process of multiple entities, according to the company policies and procedures.
• Maintain vendor card in Microsoft GP and QuickBooks.
• Collect and maintain vendor W-9’s and validate their tax related information maintained in the system.
• Coordinate electronic approval of invoices.
• Process invoices and check requests and review for accuracy.
• Identify relevant expense/asset account and cost centers by analyzing invoices/expense reports.
• Scan, file, and perform integration of AP Vouchers into the system.
• Validate completeness of records in the Accounting and repository system.
• Mail/distribute AP checks and submit positive pay file to the bank.
• Research and help answer vendor inquiries on invoice payment status.
• Monitor vendor accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
• Perform analysis to identify missing recurring invoices.
• Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
• Ad hoc projects upon request.
• Monthly duties include assisting with accounts payable account reconciliations, and other duties may be assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Strong organizational and task management skills. Strong relationship management and proven experience delivering high level if internal and external customer service. Computer proficiency with strong skills in Microsoft Office applications. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Proficient in Office 365 products specifically spreadsheet/word, SharePoint, Team, etc. and prefer experience in QuickBooks, Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics 365 or Business Central, and/or similar accounting software applications.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
BA degree preferred and/or some related (1-3 years) experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of accounts payable and accounting.
Must possess the ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos as well as write simple correspondence. Must also be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Must be proficient with the following: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must also be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.