Responsible for designing, developing, testing, and maintaining data warehouse layers/data models for analytical use by the reporting and business teams. In addition, expectations include governance, documentation, and communication of the data models.
- Collaborate with business and development teams to gather requirements for design and need to deliver analytical ready data models
- Building and maintaining scripts and orchestration for cleansing and transforming various source data loaded into data warehouse system into unified and efficient data models and layers for reporting and business use
- Building and managing testing and validation scripts to ensure data quality
- Participate in data governance and stewardship program to enhance control and dissemination of data with best practices
- Develop and maintain technical documentation for transformation/quality pipelines and micro-level data governance
- Strong SQL understanding and/or background, including but not limited to common table expressions, window functions, etc.
- Python experience preferred (dbt)
- Familiarity with orchestration tools, Docker/Podman, CI/CD tools, and version control (git)
- Experience and/or knowledge of Agile Development methodologies and SDLC
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Comfortable using cloud technology platforms and Data warehouses (i.e., AWS/Redshift)
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and/or relevant work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills to develop relationship within the system to enhance the appropriate flow of information.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
College Degree and/or 3 – 5 years related experience.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute excellent verbal and written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on- one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.