The Assistant Controller is responsible for maintaining and analyzing various general ledger accounts in multiple companies including but not limited to the real estates, restaurants, RV Park, and other servicing businesses. The candidate will be responsible for the monthly close, financial statements preparation and analysis, sales tax returns filing, enforcing policies and procedures as well as overseeing the daily activities of the accounting department.
- Monthly, quarterly and yearly closing activities.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end management reports. Cashflow Projections. Financial analysis and variance explanation. Consolidated Financial Statements. Budget to Actual Reports.
- Maintain and analyze various general ledger accounts through general journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, and accruals.
- Review accounts payable, accounts receivables, system reports and reconciliations, and all other daily accounting transactions.
- Assist the SVP in monitoring and overseeing the staff accountants and ensure they are working efficiently and effectively.
- Assist the SVP in overseeing the accounting department to ensure projects assigned are completed timely and accurately, all accounting transactions are properly supported, financial records are complete, properly maintained and filed, and control procedures are in place.
- Prepare and maintain policies, procedures, processes, and internal controls for the accounting department.
- Assist the SVP in special projects including but not limited to setting up new entities, software application implementation and integration, etc.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Strong organizational and task management skills. Strong relationship management and proven experience delivering high level if internal and external customer service. Computer proficiency with strong skills in Microsoft Office applications. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Proficient in Office 365 products specifically spreadsheet/word, SharePoint, Team, etc. and prefer experience in QuickBooks, Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics 365 or Business Central, and/or similar accounting software applications.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- BS or Master in Accounting
- 5 years + Accounting experience or CPA preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of GAAP and Tax Accounting
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, administrative and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple and concurrent responsibilities
- Strong leadership skills and sound organizational and time management skills are needed
Must possess the ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos as well as write simple correspondence. Must also be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Must be proficient with the following: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must also be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.