Assistant Project Manager
The assistant project manager’s responsibilities include monitoring project progress, following up with stakeholders on the completion or delay of project phases, scheduling meetings, and maintaining project documents and reports.
To be successful as an assistant project manager you should be able to perform any tasks assigned by the project manager in an efficient and timely manner. An outstanding assistant project manager should be able to maintain oversight of all project activities, identify any issues, and ensure these are resolved promptly.
- Communicating with stakeholders regarding project needs and goals.
- Contributing to the planning and development of projects.
- Supporting the coordination and management of projects.
- Researching information as required.
- Performing administrative tasks such as preparing estimates, scheduling meetings, meeting notes etc.
- Keeping track of and reporting on project progress.
- Completing any tasks assigned by the Project Manager in an efficient and timely manner.
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules.
- Organizing, attending, and participating in stakeholder meetings.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
- Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Developing project strategies.
- Undertaking project tasks as required.
- Ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Determining project changes.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Degree in business management or a related field preferred.
- Three years of experience in a related field.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute excellent verbal and written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on- one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
I have carefully read and understand the contents of this job description. I understand the responsibilities and duties expected of me. I also understand that this job description does not constitute a contract of employment nor alter my status as an at will employee. I have the right to terminate my employment at any time and for any reason and Frontline Insurance has a similar right.