Associate Commercial Underwriter
Provide support and assistance to complete the risk underwriting process in accordance with established workflows, procedures and company protocol. Primary duties will include:
- Initial review of risk application for completeness.
- ISO rating(s) for commercial property classes of business.
- Create, modify (as necessary) and process new and existing policies, contractual documents and worksheets to reflect accurate exposures, amount of coverage, type of insurance, or other material information.
- Identify forms and endorsements for policy construction and delivery to our agency partners and insured.
- Enter data into system for use in proprietary documents and maintaining transactional history.
- Loss control report ordering, initial review and compliance follow up.
- Manage renewal activity, general correspondence/renewal letters.
- Process, prepare policy coverages, endorsements and other company/agent output.
- Organize and work with detailed files, maintain ImageNow policy records for each account.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma with college degree preferred. A minimum of 5 years experience with commercial property or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficient use of Microsoft Word and Excel. Visio experience a plus. Exhibits a desire to develop skills and advance. Math oriented.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute excellent verbal and written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on- one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.