The Automation Developer’s primary responsibility will be the creation and maintenance of automation test software using Java, Selenium, and other QA automation tools.
As a member of the QA Group, this person will work closely with other Automation Developers, Business Analysts, and our geographically distributed team of JEE engineers to ensure applications are thoroughly regression tested for each release.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be involved in all aspects of testing, including functional and regression testing – manual and automated. Be involved in all steps of the ongoing Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) including but not limited to; requirements analysis, test planning, writing and reviewing test cases, executing test cases, and bug logging, tracking and closing.
- Ensure that all critical functionality is covered/coded by automated Selenium test cases for all supported browsers and mobile devices of Frontline’s mission critical, enterprise applications including Guidewire InsuranceSuite, WWW sites, and their mobile derivatives.
- Daily, hands-on development of Java Selenium tests against Frontline’s suite of insurance web apps, reporting extracts, mobile applications.
- Support, maintain, and enhance all test case automation related activities during iterative development, system testing, regression testing, and post-production testing.
- Maintain a tight, cohesive working relationship with QA Group members and Business Analysts to guarantee all use cases, underwriting guidelines, boundary conditions, and requirements are covered in the automated regression tests
- Stay current on the latest QA technologies and processes. Research, recommend, and adopt best-in- class test automation technologies.
- Work in a fast paced, agile team. Work under time constraints to meet project deadlines.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Strong Java development skills with understanding of enterprise software concepts.
- Experience with implementing and developing tests using test framework (Java, Maven, TestNG, Selenium, JDBC, SQL). Experience developing OO software.
- Candidates must posses a passionate drive for software quality and must be current in their knowledge of leading-edge QA technologies and processes in an agile organization.
- Excellent time management skills including the ability to multi-task, prioritize successfully and adapt to quickly changing goals and priorities.
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) highly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate testing issues with internal development team members.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on- one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.