Billing Center Staff
Responsible for processing all premium collections and functions in Billing Center. Secures revenue by verifying and posting receipts and resolving any discrepancies. Provides support to Underwriting regarding billing related issues.
- Process premium payments received electronically via lockbox, credit card payment, online payment or e-checks, and remote deposits in both i5 and Guidewire.
- Documents and returns invalid payments according to defined procedures.
- Review and approve disbursements under certain threshold in Guidewire.
- Documents and tracks undeliverable refund checks according to defined procedure.
- Answer Underwriting and agents on all billing related inquiries.
- Takes incoming calls related to commercial policy billing questions.
- Reconcile payments daily by updating the Cash Sheet.
- Review and close trouble tickets.
- Review Suspense payments weekly to apply or disburse.
- Report lockbox payment processing issues to Bank of America.
- Handles chargeback payments.
- Review delinquencies and process write-off’s.
- Ad Hoc. Projects.
Monthly Job Duties:
- Assist in UAT and complete checklist.
- Other responsibilities to be determined.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Self-starter for improving process efficiencies and solving problems.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, and internal personal skills.
- Strong analytical skills and a self-starter attitude necessary.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively on tasks with competing priority.
- Fast learner with strong Interpersonal skills to develop working relationship across departments to achieve clear and efficient communication.
- Strong organization skills.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
College Degree and some years+ related experience preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute excellent verbal and written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on- one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.