Business Analyst II – ClaimCenter
The Business Analyst is responsible for working with functional areas of the business to understand system change requests and then prepare design documents for the Frontline IT organization to develop from.
- Work with major functional areas of the business to understand and document change requests submitted to the IT organization.
- Knowledgeable on integrations with internal and external applications; research any dependencies and work on system design plan with solution architect and developers.
- Review and analyze how changes to the business process and / or business needs will impact technical requirements throughout the system and organization.
- Shepherd ideas through the System Development Life Cycle to ensure new business processes and system changes are documented, developed, tested, and promoted successfully
- Create Software Requirements Specifications, use cases, technical requirements, wireframes, system flow diagrams, and other documentation for Guidewire configurations and custom software development projects.
- Clarify requirements prior to delivery of documentation to the Application Delivery team.
- Become an expert on Guidewire systems and our system implementations.
- Work with Operations team to triage production issues prior to development involvement.
- Be the liaison between functional leads, development teams and support teams.
- Support UAT (User Acceptance Testing),Go-live sessions as needed.
- Work with the QA team to ensure test cases are current, correct, and cover alternative paths for existing and new system functionality.
- 4+ years of experience as an IT Business analyst in Guidewire ClaimCenter projects: Claims life cycle, Integrations, OOTB functionality, Product model, Business rules, troubleshooting incidents/issues
- Thorough knowledge and experience of agile methodologies.
- Skilled at writing detailed Software Requirements Specifications (SRS), use cases, and wireframes.
- Strong background using defect-ticketing software (such as Rally, JIRA, etc.) to document software requirements, user stories, defects for development teams.
- Experience working daily in cross-functional teams.
- Skilled at negotiating consensus among departments that request sometimes conflicting or inconsistent software requirements.
- Proficient using browser web development tools.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively and work on tasks with competing priority.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Strong analytical skills and a self-starter attitude required.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Familiarity with HTML, XML, SOAP APIs, UX Design
- P&C Insurance industry experience is must.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
College Degree and 4 – 6 years related experience.
4+ years of Guidewire ClaimCenter implementation, upgrade, or conversion experience as an IT Business Analyst
500 International Pkwy, Lake Mary, FL 32746.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute excellent verbal and written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on- one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
I have carefully read and understand the contents of this job description. I understand the responsibilities and duties expected of me. I also understand that this job description does not constitute a contract of employment nor alter my status as an at will employee. I have the right to terminate my employment at any time and for any reason and Frontline Insurance has a similar right.