Business Analyst Underwriting
Business analysts define and document business requirements. They work closely with subject matter experts (SMEs), drawing upon the SME’s expertise as necessary. It is common to assign at least one business analyst to each project track. For example, a customer may have one business analyst dedicated to the PolicyCenter team and another dedicated to the BillingCenter team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Identify and translate business needs into clearly defined requirements for projects in the Guidewire suite of products.
- Uphold Business Analysis best practices and documentation standards inside your functional department.
- Develop requirements documentation inclusive of user stories/use cases, process flows, data flows and report mock-ups.
- Plan, facilitate, and conduct requirements gathering sessions, meetings, and presentations.
- Build strong relationships within the business units and support functions to understand the business needs.
- Collaborate with Development, PMP, and QA to provide subject matter expertise, ensure that out of the box functionality is leveraged and assist in troubleshooting and resolving issues.
- Ensure that proposed solutions are focused on improving efficiency and effectiveness of the business processes, and are consistent across products where possible.
- Participate in the development and planning of the Agile activities with SCRUM Master, including Sprint Planning, Daily Standup, Sprint Review, Team Retrospective, Backlog Grooming, etc.
- Work with configuration and integration developers to ensure their designs and implementations meet the business requirements
- Participate in Sprint Review execution with product owners and SCRUM Manager to obtain user acceptance signoff.
- Assist in the development of document configuration requirements/solutions including: step-by-step procedural guides; overview material; field specific definitions; explanation of reporting functions; training materials; tracking of system modifications.
- Actively participates in unit test plans, test scenarios and functional/quality testing of Guidewire configuration.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or 3 years of business analyst experience is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Ability to solve complex problems analytically and work independently
- Ability to do research and work with subject matter experts
- Strong knowledge of the insurance industry, preferably homeowners insurance and interdependent processes between sales, underwriting and claims
- Experience with the Guidewire suite of products is preferred
- Proficient in MS Office
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Construction experience highly desired, either contractor certification or other formal designation. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); additionally, any undergraduate education desirable, or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on- one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Must be proficient with the following: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must also be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
It is preferred that the Business Analyst hold a PMI-PBA designation and be certified in Agile Project Management methodology.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.