Business Intelligence Developer I
Responsible for working with functional areas of the business to understand reporting needs and provide solutions.
• Participate in business analysis activities to gather required reporting and dashboard requirements
• Participate in the design, development, and analysis of data architecture and warehousing approaches
• Troubleshoot and resolve defects within reporting systems
• Evaluate and improve existing BI systems and reports
• Collaborate with teams to integrate systems
• Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses
• Create visualizations and reports for requested projects
• Develop and update technical documentation
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis job has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant work experience in Business Intelligence/Reporting Systems.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Interpersonal skills to develop relationship within the system to enhance the appropriate flow of information.
• Familiarity with BI technologies (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, Informatica, SAP Business Objects, MS SQL Server)
• Thorough knowledge of relational and dimensional database architecture and SQL (any dialect)
• Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
• Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
College Degree and/or 1 – 3 years related experience.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute excellent verbal and written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on- one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.