Business Intelligence Developer
Responsible for working with functional areas of the business and software development teams to understand reporting needs and provide appropriate and performant solutions.
- Participate in business analysis activities to gather required reporting and dashboard requirements
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions using the appropriate medium (SQL Reporting/visualizations)
- Troubleshoot and resolve defects within reporting systems
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems and reports
- Collaborate with teams to integrate systems
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct ad-hoc analyses
- Create visualizations and reports for requested projects
- Develop and update technical documentation
- Familiarity with BI technologies (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, QlikView/ Sense, Tableau, SAP Business Objects)
- Thorough knowledge of relational, non-relational, and dimensional database architecture
- Strong understanding of SQL, SQL dialects and ability to perform and optimize queries and stored procedures
- Ability to quickly learn business domains
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and/or relevant work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills to develop relationship within the system to enhance the appropriate flow of information.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
College Degree and/or 3 – 5 years related experience.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute excellent verbal and written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on- one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.