The Claims Manager is responsible for oversight of the claim handlers to achieve timely and effective disposition of claim in accordance with the available coverage and applicable procedures, laws and regulations are followed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for management of claims adjusters to insure that daily and catastrophe claims are handled in a timely and effective manner.
- Insure that claims are handled in accordance with the available coverage and that applicable procedures, laws and regulations are followed.
- Identify training needs and assist in developing training plans.
- Identify performance issues and take appropriate action to resolve.
- Participate in development of Frontline’s catastrophe response plan.
- Participate in the management of Frontline’s catastrophe claim operation.
- Assist in developing goals for claim handlers.
- Assist in establishing budgets and operate within established budgets.
- Provide feedback to claim handlers on a regular basis regarding the status of their goals and performance.
- Provide a monthly report to the Claims Director summarizing claim activity for the month.
- Demonstrate a high level of teamwork with all members of the Claim Management Team.
- Cooperate with auditors conducting reviews of the Claims Department.
- Handle special projects as assigned and deliver effective results in a timely manner.
Claims adjusters will report to the Claims Manager. The Claims Manager will provide feedback to the adjusters on a regular basis regarding the status of their goals and performance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Strong organizational and task management skills. Strong relationship management and proven experience delivering high level if internal and external customer service. Computer proficiency with strong skills in Microsoft Office applications. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE:
This position requires a 4 year college degree and at least 5 years claims experience.
Must possess the ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos as well as write simple correspondence. Must also be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Must be proficient with the following: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must also be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Adjuster’s licenses must be maintained in all states Frontline does business which require an adjuster’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.