The Claims processor is responsible for the timely and effective disposition of claims processing in accordance with the available coverage and applicable procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Review, analyze, and process homeowner Fast-Track claims within assigned authority limits to ensure the delivery of quality service to customers and the expectations of the company.
- Review, analyze, and process first party homeowner and dwelling property claims within assigned authority limits to ensure the delivery of quality service to customers and the expectations of the company. This task is to be performed with the assistance of the Adjuster assigned to the file.
- Assist the assigned Adjuster with tasks such as making requested payments, processing stop-pay/void requests, returning phone calls for status updates, making assignments to field adjusters within the parameters assigned by the handling adjuster.
- Assist with claim investigations with the assistance of the assigned Adjuster as needed.
- Assist with the processing of additional living expense claims under the guidance of the assigned Adjuster.
- Provide superior verbal and written customer service.
- Documentation of claim activity with emphasis on examining potential subrogation recoveries from other sources.
- Examine claims for potential fraud and adherence and referral to internal Special Investigations Unit (SIU), as appropriate.
- Send Alert reports to Underwriting, Marketing and/or Management regarding questionable risks encountered to ensure that potential hazards are clearly analyzed as directed by the handling adjuster.
- Assist with the processing of contents claims under the guidance of the assigned Adjuster.
- Assist the assigned adjuster with sending out status letters to the insured and other parties under the guidance of the assigned adjuster.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Participate in training.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Excellent typing and computer skills.
- Possess excellent clerical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to exhibit skills in the following areas: honesty, integrity, and unwavering business ethics. Desire to move into a claim adjuster position is recommended.
- Detail-oriented organizational skills in multi-tasking environment with the ability to excel in a fast -paced dynamic claims environment.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Some college is preferred, however prior homeowner claims experience of no less than 1 yr. will be considered.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Independent Adjuster License – All Lines (620)-Florida
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.