CLAIMS SUPPORT SUPERVISOR
As Supervisor of Claims Support, you will be responsible for the technical and operational performance of a support team within the claims department.
You will have direct supervision of support staff to ensure deliverables and objectives are met and appropriate staffing and productivity levels are maintained.
- Responsible for guidance and direction to the Claims Support Team for technical excellence.
- Oversee all functional aspects of the claim operation. Directs the work activities and has full management responsibility for the performance and development of assigned staff in accordance with corporate strategic direction and customer guides. Respond to any concerns and assess overall claims performance.
- Cultivate positive working relationships with all other areas of the operation.
- Develop and lead claims workflows for ADR and litigation teams for claim assignments.
- Liaises effectively outside vendors and claims management.
- Manages relationships with business partners and/or vendors.
The Director of Commercial Claims is responsible for oversight of the claims managers and claim handlers to achieve timely and effective disposition of claims in accordance with the available coverage and applicable procedures, laws and regulations.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of ten years of experience handling property and commercial claims and a minimum of 5 years of management experience handling Florida homeowner property claims.
- Oversee team of support staff
- Assignment of CRNs and litigated files to outside counsel
- Format letters and/or forms and assist with walk-through of the approval process
- Arrange on-boarding of equipment and accommodations for new hires
- Coordinate additional training as needed for adjusters
- Enter IT tickets for new hires and coordinate equipment, system access, etc.
- Calendar important deadlines and follow up with responsible managers (CRN, NOITL, CR depo calendar, etc)
- Pay vendor or legal invoices (closed files)
- Data capture and track: Complaints/Compliments/Agency issues
- Assign claims at peak times
- Pull Power BI reports/custom reports from GW
- Work with process team on implementation of new processes
- Assist with unit calendar for absences/PTO
- Void/Reissue checks
- Certified Copy of policy responses
- Coordinate team or department meetings/trainings (CE classes, legal training/etc)
- Assist with setting interviews
- Team event planning
- Assist with vendors regarding CAT planning/contracts
- End of day IA report
- Accounting report reconciliation
- Assist with assigning files to outside vendors
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Strong organizational and task management skills. Strong relationship management and proven experience delivering high level internal and external customer service. Computer proficiency with strong skills in Microsoft Office applications. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must also be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret policies, correspondence and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports as well as business and technical correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Computer Skills: Must be proficient with programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe and other programs used by the company such as Guidewire, Legacy, Xactimate and Xactanalysis.
- Mathematical Skills. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Comfortable working independently with a high degree of proficiency and self-motivation.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- In-depth professional knowledge of all aspects of claims operations.
- A minimum of 5 years of claims experience.
- Florida 520/620 license is preferred.
- Ability to obtain AL, GA, NC and SC adjusters licenses.
- Strong communication and time management skills
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute excellent verbal and written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on- one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.