Commercial Sales Representative — North & South Carolina
Reporting to the Vice President of Commercial Sales, the Commercial Sales Representative will be the primary contact between Frontline Insurance and the assigned independent agency force. The role focuses on promoting the Frontline brand, cultivating existing relationships, identifying new sales opportunities within the current agency force, identifying future agency partners, and training agencies on products and services. The ideal candidate will have a strong sales/marketing background with industry specific contacts at either the agency or carrier level.
- Markets commercial insurance products to independent agencies within the assigned territory and generates increased premium and policy growth by selling carrier benefits to the agents
- Meets or exceeds revenue and profitability goals in assigned territory
- Focuses on leveraging existing field relationships with agency personnel
- Acts as a subject matter expert by providing in-depth training on Frontline Insurance philosophy, products, and procedures
- Through the use of SalesForce, log and record all agency meetings and interactions
- Works with Commercial Underwriters and Commercial Sales Manager as necessary to analyze, and identify service issues and product gaps that impact growth and customer satisfaction
- Demonstrate market awareness by knowing key competitors, their products, their strengths and weaknesses, and regulatory issues that may impact production
- Participate in networking events, sales conferences, and trade shows that will help to drive business in the defined territory
- Track production on a regular basis and quickly identify underperformers
- Manage rehabilitation plans for underperformers and/or identify legitimate production hurdles
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Strong organizational and task management skills. Strong relationship management and proven experience delivering high level if internal and external customer service. Computer proficiency with strong skills in Microsoft Office applications. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of strong commercial sales/marketing/underwriting experience
- Bachelor’s degree or professional designation strongly preferred
- Prior insurance experience in a role with territory sales/marketing responsibilities
- Ability to build relationships with key decision makers as well as producers, CSRs and support staff within each agency
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to present in both small and large group settings
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint) & SalesForce
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required
- 80% travel by vehicle required with some overnight stays
Must possess the ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos as well as write simple correspondence. Must also be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Must be proficient with the following: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must also be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.