Compliance Specialist I
Responsible for the coordination and completion of regulatory and compliance documents for the organization. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures. Works under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer and Compliance Officer.
- Track, maintain, and file the necessary documents to maintain the Company’s licenses.
- Maintain and complete all necessary statutory and regulatory state and national required filings.
- Maintain and submit all necessary state surplus lines transactional filings in order to keep the Company compliant with individual state requirements.
- Maintain and update procedural manuals that are housed on the compliance drive.
- Work closely with all department teams in order to ensure reporting accuracy for specific report and form filings.
- Track and maintain all consumer complaints from various state and government agencies.
- Assist in the drafting of responses to consumer complaints from various state and government agencies.
- Assure accuracy and compliance with state laws and regulations of all policy forms filed with various state and government agencies.
- Ensure timeliness of various form and rate filings with various state and governmental agencies.
- Assist with any other tasks or assignments related to maintaining the Company’s compliance with state and regulatory law.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
A 4-year college degree is required. Related experience and/or training is preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute excellent verbal and written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on- one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.