CORPORATE SECURITY OFFICER
Supports the department Director and provides exemplary customer service by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This person will act as senior technical resource during the many phases of the development and implementation of
Guidewire Insurance Suite and support legacy web based applications as well.
- Preplanning (Advance) of event sites which include security arrangements, intelligence gathering and coordination with Local, State, and Federal agencies.
- Provide secure transportation and evasive driving skills necessary for corporate officers, family members and dignitary protection.
- Assist with the coordination of VIP and foreign security arrangements.
- Strategic placement of security guards necessary to provide a secure environment for Corporate Officers, Dignitaries and guests.
- Assist the Special Investigative Unit during investigations.
- Compliance with, Florida State Statue 493 while working armed security duties.
- Perform special duty (Pub Events) when assigned or needed.
- Designated Officer shall be assigned the detail of picking up the dependent children from Lake Highland Preparatory School. Children may consist of ages 6 – 15.
- Ensure the safety and security of all Frontline personnel, valuable materials and documents and work closely with the facilities department for the smooth running of all Frontlines protective systems.
- Coordinating with Local, State, and Federal agencies in the event of emergencies.
- Monitoring video surveillance and alarm systems of Frontline property and various umbrella business sites.
- Monitoring alarm systems of various executives’ homes.
- Prepare clear, concise and comprehensive correspondence, reports, statistical analysis and other written materials.
- Ensures that regular security inspections of the building are conducted; develops and utilizes checklists to facilitate inspections and reporting of irregularities.
- Document occurrences that threaten the security of the facility are recorded and reported to the Security Director.
- To maintain records per the requirements of Frontlines SOP.
- To prepare and submissions of reports required by Frontlines SOP.
- To verify and record that all security personnel operate in accordance with the approved SOP.
- To verify that security equipment is properly maintained, operated, tested and calibrated.
- Ensures all weapons carried on premises are documented, approved and accounted for.
- Immediate notification to Security Director, law enforcement personnel and/or emergency responders to permit a timely response to any suspicious activity or breach of security.
- Ensures that Security Director is briefed of changes in security conditions at Frontline.
- Maintains all documentation pertaining to security at Frontline.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of written records and reports.
- Assist with Frontlines Emergency Response Team.
- Assist with ID card maintenance and distribution.
- Updating of all DVR and internal clocks utilized by Corporate Security.
- May assist in planning, organizing, supervising and evaluating the work of assigned personnel.
- To maintain a constant vigil over security camera equipment and alarm systems, and their operational limitations.
- Exercise sound independent judgment within policy guidelines.
- Respond calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
Factors to be considered in selection of an Officer for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Minimum 4 years’ prior military, private security or police training.
- Professional integrity.
- Ability to address groups of people.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills are a must.
- A proven ability to provide instructions clearly and concisely.
- Must present a high level of proper judgement and decision making.
- Must be highly motivated and have an ability to think “outside the box”.
- Must have a sense of “completing a task” when given.
- Must demonstrate sound judgement in security operations.
- Must portray high leadership ability skills.
- 4.0 physical appearance and military bearing at all times.
- Initiative to complete the mission at hand.
- Professional attitude and the ability to build successful working relationships with contracts outside of the security department.
- Compliance with State, Departmental, and Corporate policies.
- Flexibility in scheduling.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); additionally, any undergraduate education desirable, or one to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
A thorough understanding and use of Microsoft Office Suite is preferable.
DVR comprehension is preferable.
Typing 50 WPM minimum.
Gathering background information using public access network (Social Media) knowledge is preferable.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on- one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Must be proficient with the following: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must also be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must be certified or working toward certification of the following:
– H.R. 218 Law Enforcement Officers’ Safety Act (Former Law Enforcement Officers)
– Florida State Security Officer “D” License
– Florida Statewide Firearms “G” License
– Florida State Concealed Weapon Permit (CWP)
– Red Cross CPR and First Responder
Must be a team player, clean cut and physically fit. Candidates with diverse experience in driving different vehicles are preferred. Must be willing to work 12hr shifts, days and/or nights. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Suits and ties are mandatory Monday thru Thursday for the Corporate Security Department. Fridays are reserved for Dockers or the equivalent and a polo shirt with a sport jacket.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.