Database Administrator is a critical function of Frontline Insurance that will manage all aspects of database operations. As a Database Administrator, you will manage all aspects of database operations for a range of RDBMS (Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL) in highly-available environment and AWS environments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management and implementation of database monitoring tools, event monitoring, diagnostic analysis, performance optimization routines and top-tier support for resolving Database support issues.
- Research, evaluate, design, test, recommend, and plan implementation of new versions of database and database tools.
- Working with Infrastructure team, design and facilitate database backup and recovery as well as document and test all backup and disaster recovery procedures.
- Establish and enforce database change management standards including pushes from development to QA, on to production, etc.
- Provide development and production support to troubleshoot day-to-day database or related application issues.
- Create and maintain data warehouse schemas and databases; ETL jobs and tools.
- Monitor database server capacity/performance and make infrastructure and architecture recommendations to management for necessary changes/updates.
- Design, implement and manage all database security according to state regulatory requirements in tandem with internal IT auditors.
- Ability to write and troubleshoot structured query language (SQL) and assist developers in writing efficient queries.
- Proactively monitor Database Servers for any performance related issues and able to trouble shoot and provide guidance for resolving such issues.
- Experience with Microsoft Clustering and SQL Server Always On High Availability.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Strong organizational and task management skills. Strong relationship management and proven experience delivering high level if internal and external customer service. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Internal controls knowledge and understanding of core IT technologies and processes (e.g., network systems, operating systems, databases, change control tools and processes, computer systems operations, application and system development, help desk and incident monitoring, information security, data backup, retention, and recovery, IT vendor management, asset management, disaster recovery, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Microsoft SQL Server and/or Oracle certifications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, accounting, or other business/technology/analytical studies related area preferred; Bachelor’s degree in related field a plus and 5 – 7 years related experience.
- MCSA SQL Server
- MCSA Database Development
- MCSA Database Administration
- Oracle Database Administrator Certified Associate
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.