Director of Development & Support
The Director of Development and Support will be responsible for managing Frontline’s Enterprise Insurance Suite applications. Job responsibilities will be primarily focused on Insurance suite cloud operations and applications support, continuous design, and development of integrated enterprise systems. This position will effectively lead development and DevOps teams ensuring availability, recoverability, and performance in production systems while delivering business aligned solutions.
- Manage and operate all aspects of enterprise software, including Software Development, Quality Assurance, Build and Release, and Applications Support
- Responsible for Productions systems support and cloud operations; ensure Availability, Recoverability, and Performance in production systems
- Provide leadership, management, and overall technical direction to development teams
- Lead technical design and development by closely working with Program Management and Business stakeholders as systems are created to increase collaboration and communication.
- Understand business objectives and strategic goals to provide guidance and recommendations on potential solutions
- Drive, align, and work effectively with cross-functional teams across various disciplines (business, PMO/Product, Infrastructure, Business Units, etc.), who may have competing priorities
- Maintain a high standard of code and design documentation, ensuring all relevant systems and data comply with regulatory and IT standards and procedures; Ensure all development conforms with security requirements
- Oversee Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment processes. Establish and adhere to best practices
- Closely work with enterprise architect / Solution architect to manage the technical strategy
- Establish and maintain strong relationships IT and business leaders to understand the Frontline’s vision and establish ITSM strategies to improve the digital transformation journey.
- Ensure that the current and future service level requirements of all Frontline Pro critical tiered systems are identified, cataloged, understood, and documented in service level requirements (SLR/SLA) documents and align with ITSM support strategies.
- Adaptability to take on roles filling gaps from technical lead to delivery manager
- Contribute to scoping and prioritizing efforts for new projects in partnership with PMO and Business units
- Recommend process changes and technologies to improve efficiency and quality of the Frontline’s enterprise systems and software delivery function
- Define and manage reports, metrics, and KPIs for production systems health and software delivery
- Work with Director of Infrastructure and Operations to develop, test, and maintain a system recovery plan for applications
- Demonstrate flexibility and ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced work environment
- Propose creative technical solutions to challenging problems and communicate technical concepts clearly and efficiently
- Build strong working relationships with team members, vendors/contractors, business, and partners to aide in effective execution, and to foster agility, product excellence, and trust
- Passionate leader who can inspire and motivate team members
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES2 X Product Managers 1 x DevOps Manager 1 x Output Operations Manager 1 x Applications Support Analyst I
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5+ years of continuous experience working with Guidewire Insurance Suite
- 4+ years of experience leading and managing enterprise software implementation teams designing and building software products in a fast paced, complex, and dynamic product development environment preferably in Guidewire Insurance Suite
- 3+ years Agile methodology-based project delivery methods
- Experience managing and supporting cloud-hosted production systems; understanding of AWS services
- Awareness of general architecture best practices
- Understanding of end-to-end product development, and cloud operations
- Experience working in environments with multiple, concurrent release cycles of multiple, interdependent software applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Bachelor’s degree in CS, Engineering, or Business Administration from an accredited college.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute excellent verbal and written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on- one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.