ENHANCED CLAIMS SPECIALIST
- Handle the adjusting of the entire claim, including collecting and reviewing all loss related facts, performing an analysis under the terms of the insurance policy to make a coverage recommendation, and issuing a payment with the applicable authority level.
- Contact insured(s) to schedule inspection of damaged property in a timely manner.
- Compose claims correspondence.
- Keep insured(s) informed on the claims’ investigation.
- Determine the method and extent of investigation for each claim. Make assignment to outside experts or investigators when appropriate.
- Review and analyze all investigative and claim material to determine the facts of the loss
- Interview insured(s) and witnesses to obtain loss facts.
- Document all investigative actions in the claim file.
- Analyze the policy to determine the coverage for the loss. Evaluate coverage and make a coverage recommendation on each claim.
- Determine the total value of the claim. Request and disburse claim checks/payments within authority level. Make payment recommendation for amounts above authority level.
- Check e-mail daily. Respond to all questions in a timely manner.
- Additional duties may arise as the candidate progresses.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective oral, written, organizational and analytical skills required.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to work effectively under stress.
- Interpersonal skills to develop relationship with insured’s and within the system to enhance the appropriate flow of information.
- Maintain Florida 520 License, Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia
- Minimum 5 years’ experience and/or training in P & C Insurance or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Will regularly use computer and certain software programs. Strong computer and data entry skills.
- Maintain Company image with clean apparel (shirt, badge).
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
A four-year college degree is preferred along with prior insurance experience with an insurance carrier or agency. Minimum 5 years’ experience and/or training in P & C Insurance or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Independent Adjuster License – All Lines (5-20) FL, Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute excellent verbal and written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on- one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.