Field – Loss Recovery Specialist
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle the adjusting of the entire claim without the involvement of an “inside” loss recovery specialist or examiner. This will include collecting and reviewing all loss related facts, performing an analysis under the terms of the insurance policy to make a coverage recommendation, and issuing a payment with the applicable authority level.
- Contact insured(s) to schedule inspection of damaged property and conduct such inspections in a timely manner.
- Photograph, sketch and scope all damages. (Photos on non-damaged areas are needed also).
- Compose claims correspondence.
- Keep insured(s) informed on the claims investigation.
- Determine the method and extent of investigation for each claim. Make assignment to outside experts or investigators when appropriate.
- Review and analyze all investigative and claim material to determine the facts of the loss.
- Interview insured(s) and witnesses to obtain loss facts.
- Document all investigative actions in the claim file.
- Analyze the policy to determine the coverage for the loss. Evaluate coverage and make a coverage recommendation on each claim.
- Determine the total value of the claim. Request and disburse claim checks/payments within authority level. Make payment recommendation for amounts above authority level
- Check e-mail daily, to ensure that all information is received from home office. Respond to all questions in a timely manner.
- Utilize several software programs throughout the day to determine the parameters of the loss
- Additional duties may arise as the candidate progresses.
The following duties may also apply when assisting an inside loss recovery specialist with an assignment:
- Submit claim acknowledgement on our form when claim is received (email to proper channel).
- Contact file Examiner as to any issues and a need for any experts. (Contractor, leak detection, engineer, etc.).
- Submit a reserve to File Examiner within 48 hours of inspection.
- Email report/esti mate to home office at appropriate time.
- Assist Examiner with pricing and/or technical issues.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Xactimate 25 or newer
- Effective oral, written, organizational and analytical skills required.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to work effectively under stress.
- Interpersonal skills to develop relationship with insured’s and within the system to enhance the appropriate flow of information.
- Maintain Florida 520 License
- Will regularly use computer and certain software programs. Strong computer and data entry skills.
- Maintain Company image with clean apparel (shirt, badge) and vehicle functions.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE
A four year college degree is preferred along with prior insurance experience with an insurance carrier or agency.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.