Financial Reporting Analyst
The Financial Reporting Analyst will provide support in executing the Company’s financial reporting process and support the daily operations of the Financial & Operational Reporting team by performing the following duties to assure effective and accurate internal and external financial reporting.
- Preparation of routine and ad-hoc operational reports to Executive Management and departments.
- Accurate and timely preparation of various financial regulatory filings and data calls.
- Compile and analyze financial reports and proactively identify and research discrepancies that require management’s attention.
- Support in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other day-to-day tasks as assigned.
- Design, develop, document, and maintain Power BI dashboards and reports.
- Perform administrative and data maintenance functions for Power BI, as well as the Company’s corporate financial management software, BOARD.
- Provide Power BI technical expertise and end-user training to business users.
- Assist with analyzing financial statements and reporting on variances.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge and application of accounting principles and internal controls.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting Information Systems, Accounting or Finance
- Enterprise resource planning and accounting information systems experience preferred
- Experience with data analytics, database management software, DAX and BI tools a plus
- Financial services or insurance industry experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills and a self-starter attitude necessary
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively on tasks with competing priority
- Experience working in dynamic and team environment
- Fast learner with Interpersonal skills to develop relationship between the business and the system to enhance the appropriate flow of information
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelors’ degree in Accounting Information Systems, Accounting or Finance and some related experience and/or training preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Practical knowledge and understanding of GAAP and Statutory Accounting Principles.
COMPUTER EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS:
Proficient in Office based spreadsheet/word packages such as Excel, Word, Outlook and other Microsoft applications, with experience in the following a plus: Microsoft Dynamics GP, Guidewire, datamarts/data warehouses, BI tools such as Power BI, Cognos, etc., financial planning and analysis tools such as BOARD, and i5 database management system.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute excellent verbal and written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on- one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.