Financial Reporting Analyst
The Financial Reporting Analyst will provide support in executing the Company’s financial reporting process and support the daily operations of the Financial Reporting team by performing the following duties to assure effective and accurate internal and external financial reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparation of routine and ad-hoc operational reports to Executive Management and departments.
- Compile and analyze financial reports and proactively identify and research discrepancies that require management’s attention.
- Support in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other day-to-day tasks as assigned.
- Prepare and publish various operational reports to Power BI.
- Assist with analyzing financial statements and reporting on variances.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge and application of accounting principles and internal controls.
- Assist with the maintenance of the Company’s corporate financial management software for planning, reporting, and business analysis needs.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting or Finance
- Enterprise resource planning and accounting information systems experience preferred
- Experience with data analytics, database management software, and BI tools a plus
- Financial services or insurance industry experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills and a self-starter attitude necessary
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively on tasks with competing priority
- Experience working in dynamic and team environment
- Fast learner with Interpersonal skills to develop relationship between the business and the system to enhance the appropriate flow of information
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelors’ degree in Accounting or Finance and some related experience and/or training preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Practical knowledge and understanding of GAAP and Statutory Accounting Principles.
COMPUTER EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS
Proficient in Windows based spreadsheet/word packages such as Excel, Word, Outlook and other Microsoft applications, with experience in the following a plus: Microsoft Dynamics GP, Guidewire, datamarts/data warehouses, BI tools such as Power BI, Cognos, etc., and i5 database management system.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.