HUMAN CAPITAL PAYROLL AND BENEFITS SPECIALIST
The HC Payroll & Benefits Specialist is a be a key contributor in processing payroll and benefits in the ADP HRIS system. This individual will become the Company’s subject matter expert with all payrolls, benefits and HRIS administration. With a proven record of ensuring accuracy, integrity, and confidentiality. This position will require an extremely perceptive person who can relate to individuals at all levels within the organization. The HC Payroll & Benefits Specialist maintains compliance with Federal, State, and local employment laws and regulations and recommended best practices. All job duties are conducted in accordance with the Corporate Values and Culture of Frontline Insurance.
- Preparing and processing biweekly payroll,
- Reviewing time and attendance in the ADP system
- Providing excellent customer service, and coordination of efforts with the Human Capital and other departments impacted by Payroll activity
- Processing of employee benefit plan enrollments as well as adjustments while identifying and resolving payroll and billing issues
- Ensure integrity of the payroll data and make updates efficiently and accurately
- Audit payroll to ensure accuracy before final submission
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed report
- Ensure computing, withholding, and deductions completed correctly
- Process terminations and discrepancies
- Timely resolution of all payroll inquiries from employees
- Knowledge of state payroll, hour laws and with-holding orders
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related duties as needed
- Maintain confidentiality and exercise utmost discretion
- Assist in troubleshooting payroll issues, discrepancies, overtime pay errors, and similar functions
- Input data into various systems (i.e., retirement, COBRA, HSA, HRIS)
- Administer the tasks for the 401(k) Plan
- Assist to administer all leaves of absences for disability claims
- Respond to benefits questions to benefits questions and research with vendor partners as appropriate to ensure resolution.
- Verify accuracy of employee benefit deductions
- Review all open enrollment documents for accuracy
- Email employee benefit updates, changes, and CURB forms
- Enter all terminations
- COBRA administration
- Communication, processing, and documentation of open enrollment
- Provide enrollment assistance
- Verify benefits enrollment information in the ADP system
- Enter all qualifying event changes to benefit plans
- Works with Insurance Carriers and Broker regarding problem resolutions and benefit exceptions
- Maintains all physical and electronic associate benefit files
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Decision making skills and multi-tasking while working in an environment with specific due dates. Strong organizational and task management skills. Strong relationship management and proven experience delivering high level internal and external customer service. Computer proficiency with strong skills in Microsoft Office applications. The responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
A bachelor’s degree and three (3) to years of Human Resources experience, payroll/ benefits administration (7) years of experience in the HR field, with benefits / payroll experience or any similar combination of education and experience. 3 years HRIS experience. ADP payroll experience a plus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) or Certified Payroll Professional designations a plus
Must possess the ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos as well as write simple correspondence. Must also be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Must be proficient with the following: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must also be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
I have carefully read and understand the contents of this job description. I understand the responsibilities and duties expected of me. I also understand that this job description does not constitute a contract of employment nor alter my status as an at will employee. I have the right to terminate my employment at any time and for any reason and Frontline Insurance has a similar right.