Human Resource Assistant
The human resource assistant is responsible for the administrative support of day-to-day human resource operations and benefits administration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs a wide range of duties relative to the maintenance and processing of personnel records and reports.
- Interacts with and supplies information to job applicants, employees, department heads, and public and private agencies.
- Assists with new-employee orientations including preparing Omnia testing for applicants, run background checks and motor vehicle reports.
- Prepares job postings internally and externally.
- Responds to reference checks and verifications of employment status.
- Provides clerical and operational support to other human resource and administrative staff.
- Schedule hotel rooms and conferences by reserving facilities at local hotels.
- Orders and maintains office supplies.
- Processes mail and check requests.
- Maintains high standards of confidentiality of all employee records and information.
- Maintain employee’s information within the ADP system.
- Assists with gathering information for payroll.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Ethical Practice.
- Relationship Management.
- Critical Evaluation.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A bachelor’s degree and at least one year of work experience in a clerical support position, OR Any combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Local travel to various worksites is required.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on- one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to type, file or lift office supplies up to 20 pounds. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.