Infrastructure Systems Admin II
The Infrastructure Administrator will provide day-to-day administration and future enhancements for the company s IT system infrastructure, ensuring uptime, server management, connectivity, system upgrades, monitoring, and advanced support for all Linux and Network related issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Analyzes and reviews claims for accuracy, completeness and eligibility. Prepares and maintains reports and records for processing. May require a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision; typically reports to a supervisor or manager. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Administer 150 to 200 Linux virtual machines in Amazon Web Services (AWS) that will house production, development, QA, and staging environments for all enterprise software and databases.
- Administer networking devices in four locations which includes three firewalls and multiple stacks.
- Ensure, troubleshoot and monitor any connectivity issues between sites.
- Conducts routine technical support and maintenance, with a focus on proactive problem resolution and growth forecasting.
- Assist in maintaining all technical and detailed design documentation
- Regularly review system/applications logs and OS behavior to proactively monitor systems and address both OS and network level issues.
- Assist with backup and recovery of Linux systems and manage version controlled configs for networking devices.
- Ensure regular implementation of all system security hardening.
- Performs all OS/Firmware and Security updates and upgrades as required. Establish and adhere to a regular patch management schedule.
- Work with Infrastructure team on the design, deployment, and management of AWS disaster recovery environment to achieve zero data loss recovery.
- Assist in administering AWS based computer resources including storage provisioning, expansion, encryption and networking.
- Work with Infrastructure and Service Desk teams on the implementation of proactive software and server monitors to address issues before they impact service levels.
- Demonstrated experience tuning and optimizing Linux environments, capacity planning for HA, and other typical enterprise level deployment activities.
- Administer AWS load balancing, autoscaling groups, launch configurations…etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field of study) from an accredited college or university.
- Red Hat Certifications preferred (RCHE +) a plus
- Cisco/Juniper/Fortigate Professional Level Certifications (CCNA or CCNP +) a plus
- Solid understanding of routing protocols (BGP/OSPF)
- Solid understanding of troubleshooting processes (OSI Model, Kernel/Subsystem, TCP State)
- 3-5 years of experience performing Linux administration in virtualized any IaaS cloud is a plus preferably AWS.
- 3-5 years of experience in high-availability, zero data loss environments.
- Knowledge of shell scripting and Linux task automation. (Python/Bash)
- Experience in heavily regulated industries (Financial Services, Healthcare, etc.) a plus
- Knowledge of Enterprise Monitoring tools. Preferably LibreNMS, Cloudwatch, Tenable.io, Nessus & FortiSIEM
- Experience with IT Risk Management frameworks, such as COBIT, ISO 270xxx, and ITIL.
- Able to perform on-call duties and after-hours work as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
College Degree and /or 5 years related experience.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.