Junior Database Administrator
Junior Database Administrator is a function of Frontline Insurance that together with the Senior DBA will manage all aspects of database operations. As a Junior Database Administrator, you will manage all a range of RDBMS (Oracle and MS SQL) in highly-available environment and AWS environments.
- SQL Server Installation, Upgrades, Migrations and Configuration
- Monitor and maintain database storage resources
- Install database software service packs and cumulative updates as necessary
- Maintain and administer database security access
- Perform database Ad-hoc backups and restores
- Working with other DBA and Infrastructure team, design and facilitate database backup and recovery as well as document and test all backup and disaster recovery procedures
- Provide development and production support to troubleshoot day-to-day database or related application issues
- Proactively monitor and respond to MSSQL database Alerts
- Experience with Microsoft Clustering and SQL Server Always On High Availability is a plus
- Follow Change Management processes to implement database configuration change
- Working with other DBA in Management and implementation of database monitoring tools, event monitoring, diagnostic analysis, performance optimization routines and top-tier support for resolving Database support issues
- Trouble shoot and resolve database connectivity issues
- On-call requirements to ensure 24 x 7 support of database operations
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Strong organizational and documentation skills. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. It also must have:
- 2-3 years’ experience as a database administrator in SQL Server environment
- Experience with Monitoring & Diagnostic tools
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory and disk configuration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science or equivalent combination of education
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- MCSA SQL Server
- MCSA Database Administration
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute excellent verbal and written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on- one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.