Lead Developer – PolicyCenter
The Lead Developer primary responsibility is to contribute and lead other developers in team, be actively involved in development, support, and maintenance of Guidewire PolicyCenter application projects.
This person will act as strong technical resource during the many phases of the development and implementation of Guidewire PolicyCenter and Insurance Suite where applicable.
- Responsible for all parts of SDLC including gathering requirements, write code and unit tests, documenting and deploying working software and supporting applications.
- Actively involved in solutioning, designing, developing, modifying, testing, debugging, and maintaining GOSU language application code in Guidewire PolicyCenter
- Participate in a variety of planning and development activities.
- Help resolve production system issues.
- Works closely with Quality Assurance members to ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of systems/applications.
- Independently resolves complex production issues and leads troubleshooting of end-to-end solutions that span multiple applications and systems.
- Perform code/design reviews to ensure quality code is delivered and control technical debt.
- 10 plus years of experience in Guidewire PolicyCenter product customization/configuration, re-designing and building interfaces to external systems.
- Configure new screens using PCFs & Gosu, Rules management, plug-in development and third-party software integrations using SOAP/REST APIs, XML, JSon etc.
- Hands-on experience in Configuration and Integration areas related to Rating, Product model, Forms, Policy transactions, UW components etc.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to debug system issues and resolve defects.
- Experience in handling and engaging vendors and able to connect and communicate effectively with product managers to present research findings and analysis to make recommendations
- Experience in Profiling tools (JProfiler, YourKit, etc.)
- Ability to manage time and complete multiple tasks while continually meeting deadlines.
- Exposure to public cloud environment (AWS), process and tools
- Experience creating and consuming Web Services using SOAP protocol in Guidewire
- Experience using Maven to build applications, and Continuous Integration tools to automate code testing.
- Experience with the design, development, modification, and deployment of software using design standards and best practices.
- Thorough knowledge in various technical domains of application development; understanding of development methodologies and the full Software Development Life Cycle of applications
- Use of common programming tools demonstrated ability to follow software specifications and ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel of Business and IT teams.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of team.
- Ability to perform well and professionally in a demanding, high performance IT organization.
- Knowledge or experience in Property and Casualty Insurance
- Knowledge or experience in Guidewire BillingCenter and ClaimCenter.
- Understanding of enterprise software concepts and Service Oriented Architectures
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Understanding of various Design patterns and Solution Architectures
- Knowledge of J2EE technologies
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science, CIS, IS, IT, Electronics Engineering, or related degree plus 10 years of progressive development experience in Guidewire PolicyCenter implementations, upgrades, conversions etc.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Insurance Managers reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.