Manager, IT Delivery
Delivery Manager is responsible for helping IT teams achieve services delivery commitments and ensure the solutions meet business needs. This role will work closely with Technical Teams, Program Management, and Business Stakeholders to ensure IT is delivering value that aligns with business strategy. Also responsible for driving continuous performance improvement by identifying gaps and initiating process improvements across all IT functions.
- Coordinate with IT Teams and PMO to drive end-to-end execution and delivery of projects and strategic initiatives to deliver planned business value. Track progress, identify and resolve dependencies, mitigate risks, and communicate status to upper management and key stakeholders.
- Apply relevant project standards to build project management frameworks for all assigned projects. Ensure that projects are organized and executed in a consistent manner.
- Work with IT managers to ensure timely completion of tasks in line with project objectives.
- Coordinate with PMO on project plans, estimates, release dates, and new initiatives.
- Develop, refine, and implement Change Management controls that support the transition towards DevOps and CI/CD automation.
- Provide process ownership through design, implementation and continuous improvement activities pertaining to Change Management.
- Establish standard procedures for managing change requests and monitor organizational adherence to stated processes to minimize the risk and impact of changes.
- In collaboration with internal audit team, ensure that Change Management processes adhere to compliance regulations
- Document and maintain Agile practices and accountable for adhering to documented practices. Continuously evaluate the adopted Agile practices to identify improvements
- Embrace a servant-leader role across Scrum teams and support them by proactively identifying and resolving impediments, internal to the team as well as external
- Manage the enterprise agile planning tool and oversee all tool enhancements required to accommodate process and reporting changes.
- Participate in and document systems analysis for integrations between Service Management technologies, e.g., ServiceNow, JIRA, SharePoint
- Collaborate with IT Functional Managers to proactively identify, implement, continuously improve, and optimize processes and best practices within each functional area.
- Contribute to establishment of key performance indicators and service quality measures across all IT teams.
- Help enable an IT service culture, promoting service improvements (through ITIL Continuous Improvement Process) on an ongoing basis to continually improve quality and customer satisfaction with IT services.
- Assist IT leadership by conducting feedback loops to support strategic planning, and continuous improvements
- Support the vendor selection and management process and assist with the vendor administration.
- 3+ years of experience managing professional teams or supporting Agile teams as scrum master.
- 2+ years of project management experience
- Experience with all aspects of SDLC best practices
- Understanding of industry leading Agile methodologies and frameworks such as Agile Scrum Methodology, Kanban, and SAFE
- Prior working knowledge of JIRA or any related Scrum tools
- Excellent presentation skills. Should be able to cater to a wide variety of audience during ongoing meetings, status updates, stakeholder presentations etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple stakeholders and manage competing priorities
- Ability to work across functional areas to drive continuous improvement.
- Skilled at negotiating consensus among development teams and stakeholders
- Ability to manage the expectation of business owners, subject matter experts and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated willingness to assume new responsibilities, and initiative.
- ITIL/ITSM experience preferred but not required
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESManage Scrum Masters and IT Project Managers
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
College Degree and 3 – 5 years related experience.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute excellent verbal and written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on- one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.