PERSONAL LINES UNDERWRITER
Performs the underwriting function and provides exemplary customer service by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Orders and reviews reports necessary for proper risk classification. Makes related policy changes, as necessary.
- Handles policy change requests: evaluates underwriting considerations, processes data entry, and executes follow-up action as needed.
- Reviews property inspections for new business and/or renewals for property or liability concerns. Recommends action and notifies agency partners as necessary.
- Evaluates new business submissions for eligibility and proper classification. Initiates communication with agents regarding missing information, eligibility or rating concerns, etc.
- Answers telephone inquiries from agency partners and insureds, providing requested billing and basic coverage information, and resolving problems as needed.
- Provide assistance to the underwriting assistants when help is requested and provides viable solutions to their inquiries.
- Assists in reviewing renewal policies with Consent to Rate or high value coverage for accuracy. Evaluating & determining if additional Consent to Rate is required, & and executing follow-up action as needed. May also include reviewing requests for reinstatement and relief in premium issues from our agency partners.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE
Any undergraduate education preferred, minimum 2 years’ experience and/or training in P&C Insurance or equivalent combination of education and experience. An active 440, 2044 or 220 license is required. An insurance related designation or license for Property and Casualty Insurance is preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
4-40 Customer Service Representative License, 20-44 Personal Lines Agent (or) 2-20 Property & Casualty License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.