PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT AND RESEARCH ANALYST
Carry out market research to identify opportunities for developing new products or making changes to existing products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in projects and tasks as indicated by the senior vice president of Business Development.
- Review public research reports to identify gaps in the market that our company could meet.
- Determine how changes could affect our company and suggest any modifications that may be warranted as a result.
- Research current market environment on specific issues as they arise.
- Conduct necessary investigation or research of the market conduct, competitors’ analyses, and any new regulations that may impact current business or development of new business.
- Identify customers’ product requirements and ensure that the team takes account of the customer perspective throughout the product development process.
- Coordinate with different departments to resolve conflicting requirements of stakeholders.
- Monitor the design and development of new products to ensure it continues to meet specifications.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. An individual must also be very detail oriented and have high data entry accuracy. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
This position requires a minimum bachelor’s degree in market research, math or statistics.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on- one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and other Microsoft applications. Microsoft Dynamics GP experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
4-40 Customer Service Representative License (or) 2-20 Property & Casualty License.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.