The Product Manager reports to the VP of Product and is responsible for the research and development of new insurance products. The primary focus of the role is on the development of policy forms and commercial programs and will work in partnership with the rating team and Operations to develop complete products in alignment with the company vision. The Product Manager is responsible for ensuring that newly launched product goals are met, overseeing any necessary post launch changes to ensure ideal production and loss ratios are achieved.
- Develop new product lines as identified by senior leadership
- Conduct and/or oversee product research and provide intelligence to senior decision makers
- Make research backed product recommendations
- Oversee and continuously improve an efficient process to manage the company’s new product form filings.
- Coordinate with rating team in support of any related rate changes
- Lead market research into competitor’s filings, emerging markets, litigation trends, and innovative policy solutions to address key issues
- Work with compliance to ensure that new products comply with applicable state and/or federal regulations.
- Identify additional product opportunities to present to senior leadership
- As part of product development, assist in the formation of the complete product line including:
- Underwriting Guidelines
- System Requirements
- Process Guidelines
- Manage state form filings and coordinate with regulators and senior leaders as required.
- Work with various departments and senior leadership to ensure successful launch of new products
- Provide new product training for various departments where appropriate
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Strong organizational and task management skills. Strong relationship management and proven experience delivering high level if internal and external customer service. Computer proficiency with strong skills in Microsoft Office applications. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- 10-15 years underwriting or forms development experience
- Product development experience preferred
- 5+ years management experience
- College degree and/or insurance designation such as CPCU or CIC
- Knowledge of forms performance in matters of litigation is preferred
- Proficiency in policy forms drafting
- Well versed in the Florida insurance regulatory process and environment
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
CPCU or equivalent professional designation is a plus
Must possess the ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos as well as write simple correspondence. Must also be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Must be proficient with the following: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must also be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
I have carefully read and understand the contents of this job description. I understand the responsibilities and duties expected of me. I also understand that this job description does not constitute a contract of employment nor alter my status as an at will employee. I have the right to terminate my employment at any time and for any reason and Frontline Insurance has a similar right.