Responsible for understanding the needs of the business and making sure those needs are met by providing requirements to the business analyst team, manage the product backlog and prioritize development work.
- The product owner should have a full and complete knowledge of the Frontline Pro area he/she is assigned to.
- Work with department stakeholders (SVP, VP and Managers) to ensure priorities are in line with the needs of the business.
- Work to have a solid understanding of the system users, their wants and needs.
- High focus on system usability, the PO should be actively looking for ways to improve the ease of use.
- Provide insight to BAs on desired functionality so that requirements can be written accurately.
- Work with the scrum team to support development life cycle.
- Prioritize and rank the product backlog.
- Participate in requirements elaboration workshops to ensure the business objectives are met.
- Monitor new defects found in production and select the appropriate priority for each.
- Enter User Stories, utilizing JIRA, for system enhancements.
- Verify functionality post development, but before released to production (acceptance).
- Act as a communication medium between the business and I.T.
- Monitor complaints and feedback that comes in through the various feedback methods and use this feedback to evaluate opportunities for improving the system.
- Work with the Program Managers and Project Managers to understand the scope of new projects coming into play.
- Provide progress and planning updates to stakeholders as needed.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis job does not include any supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or equivalent industry experience is required.
- Strong Communication Skills is required.
- Ability to solve complex problems analytically.
- Ability to do research and work with subject matter experts and senior executive management.
- Insurance experience, preferably Property and Casualty Insurance Domain.
- Experience with the Guidewire suite of products is preferred.
- Experience with project management is preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Insurance Managers reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.