QA AUTOMATION ARCHITECT I
Working with the Application Delivery team to design and develop a reusable architecture for test automation, the QA Automation Architect will lead the effort to build new test frameworks and or extend existing frameworks. The tool/s accommodates both functional and load testing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The person will demonstrate the delivery of automation tooling and frameworks through technical and team leadership
effectively to both functional and cross organization teams.
- Develop and implement an overall test automation strategy for unit, system, integration, mobile testing and load testing; ensuring automation is done consistently across the organization by mentoring, setting standards, and finding reusable solutions
- Create and implement the Automation Roadmap for the all products in the division
- Architect, develop and drive automation tools and frameworks to be used across the organization to meet business
needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability and other quality goals
- Align the appropriate automated testing solution to most effectively and efficiently evaluate the acceptance criteria
- Future-proof existing test automation suites to make them faster, more flexible and easier to use and refactor
- Work with infrastructure team to build effective CI/CD tools and jobs
- Implement/improve build test processes, environments, and scripts. These build tests ensure that the code drops to quality assurance are of the highest quality
- Document technical solutions within test frameworks and custom test solutions
- Develop testing tools and work with various stakeholders to ensure standard processes are implemented and followed.
- Drive quality across all disciplines, providing guidance, feedback, and suggestions to improve reliability, performance, best practices and processes
- Assist with broad or recurring issues laying out a path for resolution
- Support QA automation staff through training, mentoring and support for problem solving.
- Apply best practices in day to day testing using comprehensive test data
- 3+ years working as QA Automation Architect (or similar), including proven experience of designing and
implementing Automation Testing frameworks and methodology to support agile product development
- High level of understanding of primary models of test automation frameworks, (i.e. data driven, keyword driven,
hybrid, and behavior driven)
- Knowledge areas span QA activities such as Test Automation, Service Virtualization, Data Virtualization, Test Data
- Management, Environment Design and advanced Test Management strategies all combined to improve effectiveness,
costs, and velocity
- Experience specifying, establishing and managing test environments and test data for automation projects
- Strong hands-on functional/system test automation experience (5 plus years)
- Experience constructing test plans and executing against these plans across functional, regression, unit, system performance, stress and load testing
- Experience with mobile automation tools such as Perfecto Mobile and Mobile Labs
- Knowledge of containers, virtualization and ability to help design and implement computing grids used in testing – Selenium
- Strong knowledge and understanding of continuous delivery pipelines and tools to support it. Continuous delivery pipeline integration approaches for testing automation
- Creative with ability to think ‘outside the box’ for long term solutions
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on- one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Must be proficient with the following: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must also be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Answer incoming calls from customers to take orders, answer inquiries and questions, handle complaints, troubleshoot problems and provide information.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.