QA AUTOMATION DEVELOPER II
The Automation Developer II’s primary responsibility will be to provide senior level expertise on creation and maintenance of automation test software using Java, Selenium, and other QA automation tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This person will work closely with the QA Lead, Business Analyst, geographically distributed team of JEE engineers, and Guidewire Insurance Suite development team to ensure applications are thoroughly regression tested for each release.
- Code Selenium test cases for the purpose of automating the testing of Frontline’s mission critical, web applications including Point of Sale, Public Quoting System, Insured Portal, WWW PHP Site, and mobile applications.
- Work with QA Lead and Business Analyst to ensure all business scenarios and boundary conditions are fully regression tested for every build.
- Support, maintain, and enhance all test case automation related activities during iterative development, system testing, regression testing, and post-production testing.
- Stay current on the latest QA technologies and processes. Research, recommend, and adopt best-in- class test automation technologies.
- Web development of PHP-based www site functionality.
- UI and server-side development of Frontline’s JEE mission critical software (point of sale, public quoting, insured
- Knowledge of HTML5, XML, JSON, CSS, XPath, Regular Expressions.
- 3+ years of test automation experience
- Thorough understanding of enterprise software concepts and Service Oriented Architectures.
- Thorough knowledge of Agile testing and experience working in an Agile organization.
- Ability to understand and master GoF patterns.
- Experience developing OOP software. AoP knowledge is a plus, either in professional or educational setting.
- Understanding of Maven and Continuous Integration software and how these tools can be configured to automate the regression testing of applications.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex business domains, such as Property and Casualty Insurance.
- Ability to perform well and professionally in a demanding, high performance IT organization.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on- one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Must be proficient with the following: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must also be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Answer incoming calls from customers to take orders, answer inquiries and questions, handle complaints, troubleshoot problems and provide information.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.