QA Automation Developer Lead
The QA Automation Developer Lead is responsible for driving day-to-day activities related to test automation and keeping the team and other key stakeholders informed on the progress of what is being developed. The Automation Lead manages and provides direction and leadership on the test strategy, script execution and, test automation framework.
The person will demonstrate the delivery of automated testing solutions and frameworks through technical and team leadership effectively to both functional and cross organization teams.
- Lead a team of QA Automation Developers and drive the delivery of all assigned Functional testing projects.
- Help drive decisions about test automation strategies.
- Create and Evolve existing automated test frameworks to achieve higher test throughput, increased accessibility and test execution flexibility
- Analyze how systems are being tested manually and identifying opportunities to reduce that time and effort through Automation.
- Design and create robust automated test scripts to address business and technical use cases and run code reviews for other automaton developers
- Work enterprise wide, with all members of the project team to contribute to the planning, execution, analysis, and testing efforts to deliver high-performing end to end applications.
- Work with developers and manual testers to identify and correct defects.
- Provide work estimates and evaluate risk factors in test automation to maintain test suites.
- Participate in Scrum Daily Stand-up, Sprint and iterative development activities
- Participate in Sprint planning, release planning and backlog refinement.
- Ensure all defects uncovered during automated test execution are properly logged.
- Oversee creation and execution of automated test scripts that support Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline.
- Consult and provide direction on test environment issues.
- Provide high level automated testing estimates for use in business case development and refined estimates for approved IT projects.
- Experience researching new technologies, identifying and learning best practices, adapting quickly, providing technical guidance to other team members.
- Lead testing/quality efforts across multiple teams and projects.
- Develop and implement automated testing roadmap that defines the automation approach that will be taken to increase the efficiency of SIT (System Integration Testing)/Functional testing and reduce the duration of regression testing cycles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Software Engineering, or related field.
- 8+ years of experience, in QA role with automation
- Experience building and maintaining testing frameworks using tools such as Selenium, TestNG, Cucumber and Serenity
- Must have 4+ years of experience creating, implementing, and managing test automation frameworks of front- end, back-end, and REST API services\applications using tools such as Postman, JMeter, and REST Assured.
- 4+ Years of experience with CI\CD processes, tools, and Must have Jenkins experience.
- Experience working with MS SQL and\or Oracle databases and (Nice to have)
- Experience with both iOS and Android mobile (Nice to have)
- Mastery (3+ years minimum), of the Java
- Experience with Appium or other automation frameworks and (Nice to have)
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Excellent communication Ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Team player as well as self-starter who needs little Able to use independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
- Ability to work independently and within a testing
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute excellent verbal and written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on- one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.