REGULATORY AFFAIRS SPECIALIST I
Promote prevention detection and resolution of instances of conduct that do not confirm to Federal and State requirements as well as the ethical and business policies of the Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in projects and tasks as indicated by the Compliance Officer.
- Ensure the Company’s compliance with all of the regulations and laws pertaining to the Company’s business.
- Monitor current projects and report new updates to the Compliance Officer.
- Advise the Company on the regulatory aspects and climate that would affect proposed activities.
- Coordinate efforts with other departments associated with the preparation of regulatory documents and/or submissions.
- Prepare, review and submit all the regulatory filings in a timely manner for all regulatory agencies in all states that the Company is licensed to do business in.
- Interpret regulatory rules and rule changes and ensure that they are communicated through corporate policies and procedures, and recommend changes to company procedures in response to changes in regulations or standards.
- Maintain the Compliance Calendar to ensure that all the regulatory filings, license renewals, updates and registrations are done in a timely and proper manner.
- Build, prepare and analyze queries and bordereaux necessary for regulatory submissions of written premium reports, voluntary writings reports, QUASR, assessments, participation.
- Assemble any necessary training materials and provide training to the newly hired employees.
- Prepare, analyze and submit all the necessary data for Market Conduct Annual Statement.
- Assist the Compliance Officer in preparation of documentation for Financial Examination and any other regulatory audits.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of a two year degree or Bachelor degree in Business Administration or Accounting.
Must be proficient with the following: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must also be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on- one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.