Risk Management Analyst
Responsible for preparing weekly and quarterly reports to identify loss trends and help manage risk exposures to achieve long-term financial goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and analyze weekly and quarterly reports to identify loss trends
o Model portfolio as needed to meet reinsurance needs
o Work with underwriting department to achieve optimal portfolio
o Perform single risk modeling for commercial department
- Review weekly closed claim report to identify possible improvements in underwriting and claims
- Analyze rate adequacy for all lines of coverage / states
- Work with actuaries to prepare rate filings
- Review rate filings of competitors
- Work to clean data in Guidewire
- Ensure we are capturing all data possible to improve modeling results (secondary characteristics)
- Present quarterly meetings to underwriters discussing loss trends and specific claim items
- Evaluate underwriting guidelines for risk evaluation for acceptability
- Manage mobile home park acceptability list
- Participate in the analysis of existing reinsurance programs; recommending and transacting customized reinsurance solutions.
- Assists in the preparation of presentation materials and proposals.
- Analyze and summarize complex data and compile reports.
- College Degree and 3-5 years related experience
- Proficient with Power Point, MS Word, Excel
- Creative and well-rounded with both qualitative and quantitative aptitude
- 3-5 years of prior work experience
- Experience working in dynamic and fluid organizations within a small team environment a plus.
- Detail –oriented, conscientious thorough and accurate
- Strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills and a self-starter attitude.
- Solid written, oral and presentation skills with a strong ability to clearly communicate via Power Point documents and present information to all levels
- Interpersonal skills to develop relationship[p within the system to enhance the appropriate flow of information
- Utilize data manipulation and spreadsheet capabilities to assist in identifying loss trends
- Ability to handle multiple projects
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
College Degree and 3 – 5 years related experience.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.