RISK MANAGEMENT BUSINESS ANALYST
We are looking for a self-motivated individual as we continue to expand the Risk Management Department at Frontline Insurance. This role will primarily be responsible for the analysis of various catastrophe modeling results. The analysis will focus on department goals, including but not limited to, lowering probable maximum loss (PML), where to increase or decrease business, and assessing the quality of the business Frontline insures. It is also preferred that the candidate(s) have experience in the Catastrophe Modeling field to aid in the production of results mentioned previously.
- Gather and analyze complex data using data collection techniques for a variety of uses.
- Compiling and developing reports and presentations to provide insights and communicate findings to key stakeholders within the business, including making recommendations to help the company maintain a safe balance of risk to protect its assets
- The position requires a deep understanding of the quantitative analysis and the proper handling and interpretation of data coming from multiple sources
- Responsible for cleansing data provided from multiple sources and ensuring data accuracy.
- The position will be expected to communicate/collaborate successfully with internal stakeholders and may also interact with external suppliers and 3rd parties (e.g., consultants, industry organizations). Work will be done individually and in teams, and some project leadership may be required.
- Assists in the preparation of presentation materials and proposals for key stakeholders
- Participate in the analysis of existing reinsurance programs; recommending and transacting customized reinsurance solutions.
- Protect the company and company information against unauthorized disclosure, eavesdropping and legal exposure. Protect information provided to us from outside sources
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Strong organizational and task management skills. Strong relationship management and proven experience delivering high level if internal and external customer service. Computer proficiency with strong skills in Microsoft Office applications. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in the Insurance industry preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Catastrophe Modeling preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Certified Catastrophe Risk Analyst (CCRA™)
- Certified Extreme Event Modeler™ (CEEM)
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU)
- Associate in Risk Management (ARM™)
*Please note these designations are PREFERRED*
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute excellent verbal and written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on- one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.