- Follow Agile methodologies and principles for the coordination of multiple, concurrent technology projects. Coordinate efforts with personnel from the various IT functions (i.e. Quality Assurance, Development, Business Analysis, Risk Management, Infrastructure) and across the enterprise.
- Coordinate daily scrum, sprint planning, and all other Scrum events (product backlog refinement, sprint retrospectives, sprint reviews, etc.)
- Assist CIO and Project Management Office (PMO) with the creation of regular senior management reports, coordinate company-wide demos, and assist development projects as necessary (such as rolling out new tools and technologies to teams).
- Work with the development team and product owner to maintain the product backlog
- Facilitate decision-making, issue resolution and consensus among the team members and dependent teams
- Embrace a servant-leader role across Scrum teams and support them by proactively identifying and resolving impediments, internal to the team as well as external
- Coach teams daily on Scrum principles
- Monitor sprint burndown charts and maintain other productivity metrics
- Protect the sprint backlog from scope creep
- Act as liaison between stakeholders and teams to negotiate sprint scope
- Use Scrum, Kanban and XP practices where applicable
- Adapt project management framework to stakeholder, project, and team needs
- Monitor and document project variance
- Communicate clearly and consistently with stakeholders about project status
- Manage risks and have risk mitigation plans in place
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- 3+ years of project management experience in software development using Agile and traditional SDLC methodologies
- 2+ years of Scrum Master experience
- 3+ years of managing technical teams and complex technical projects
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- CSM (Certified ScrumMaster) or similar certification
- PMP certification is preferred
- Demonstrated excellence in leadership and ability to create collaborative, productive teams
- Ability to collaborate effectively with global team
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
College Degree and 3 – 5 years related experience.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute excellent verbal and written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on- one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.