SENIOR CONCIERGE ADJUSTER
Interviews customers and records information into computer for customer service by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review, analyze and process complex first party homeowner and dwelling property claims within Assigned authority limits to ensure the delivery of quality service to customers and the expectations of the company.
- Research and analyze policy coverage forms, providing summary and recommendations regarding claim coverage analysis for claim settlement or denial.
- Conduct thorough claim investigations in determining coverage, cause and origin, liability, damages in establishing final resolution of the claim according to claim best practices.
- Establish adequate claim reserves according to potential claim exposures.
- Accurate evaluation of homeowner and dwelling property damage and additional living expense claims.
- Provide superior verbal and written customer service.
- Documentation of claim activity with emphasis on examining potential subrogation recoveries from other sources.
- Examine claims for potential fraud and adherence and referral to internal Special Investigations Unit (SIU), as appropriate.
- Alert reports to underwriting, marketing and/or management regarding questionable risks encountered to ensure that potential hazards are clearly analyzed.
- Participate in training and serving as a technical resource for less experienced claims staff through mentoring, or other related projects.
- Participate in Claim Roundtable, Mediations, Neutral Evaluation and potential field investigations.
- Provide superior skills in claim evaluations, damages, documentation and negotiations
- Participation in potential litigation handling, as necessary.
- Participate in handling catastrophic claims, including working overtime when requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Possess superior verbal and written communicate skills
- Excellent typing and computer skills
- Possess superior skills in coverage evaluations, reservation of rights notifications, damage evaluation and negotiation skills
- Ability to exhibit skills in the following areas: honesty, integrity & unwavering business ethics.
- Detail-oriented organizational skills in multi-tasking environment with the ability to excel in a fast paced dynamic claims environment.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimal 5-10 years of direct homeowner and dwelling claims experience in the areas of coverage, investigation, evaluations, negotiation and other resolution techniques. Bachelor’s degree is preferred, however prior homeowner only claims experience of no less than 5 yrs. will be considered. Insurances designations, such as AIC, CPCU, SCLA are a plus.
Must possess the ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos as well as write simple
correspondence. Must also be able to effectively present information in one-on- one and small group situations to
customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Must be proficient with the following: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must also be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.