Senior Underwriting Advocate
The Senior Underwriting Advocate manages existing policies/accounts for OpenHouse including renewals, endorsements, summaries/proof of insurance, billing, and other tasks associated with the account. The ideal candidate will have outstanding verbal, listening, and written communication skills and the ability to multitask while maintaining organized work product with detailed documentation. A strong work ethic, as well as critical thinking and decision-making skills will set top candidates apart.
- Own the journey from onboarding through renewal, servicing customer needs during their policy lifecycle.
- Fully understand the OpenHouse product suite.
- Reviews property inspections for new business and/or renewals for property or liability concerns. Recommends action and notifies the insured as necessary.
- Collaborate across teams to optimize the customer experience and streamline processes.
- Alert management to potential Errors and Omissions immediately upon discovery.
- Process and Evaluate exception requests including both quoting new business and processing of Renewals.
- Provide assistance, mentor and train Underwriting Advocate as needed. As a back up to the Underwriting Manager, provide assistance to underwriting when Underwriting Manager is unavailable.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis job has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Strong organizational and task management skills.
• Strong relationship management and proven experience delivering high level internal and external customer service.
• Computer proficiency with strong skills in Microsoft Office applications.
• The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Four-year degree or equivalent work experience in relevant fields.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
4-40, 20-44 or 2-20 License
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute excellent verbal and written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on- one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Must be proficient with the following: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must also be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.