SOFTWARE DEVELOPER II
The Software Developer II’s primary responsibility will be to be actively involved in development, support, and
maintenance of various Frontline insurance suite applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This person will act as senior technical resource during the many phases of the development and implementation of
Guidewire Insurance Suite and support legacy web based applications as well.
- Responsible for all parts of SDLC including gathering requirements, write code and unit tests, documenting and
deploying working software and supporting applications.
- Actively involve in designing, developing, modifying, testing, debugging, and maintaining GOSU language
application code within Guidewire Policy Center, Billing Center and/or Claim Center.
- Participate in a variety of planning and development activities.
- Help resolve production system issues
- Works closely with Quality Assurance members to ensure the best possible performance, quality, and
responsiveness of systems/applications
- Knowledge of J2EE (Servlets, JSP), XML, JUnits
- Experience creating and consuming Web Services using SOAP protocol
- Experience using Maven to build applications, and Continuous Integration tools to automate code testing.
- Web Application development experience, knowledge of integration patterns, creating solution design, Data
- Experience with the design, development, modification, and deployment of software using design standards and
- Thorough knowledge in various technical domains of application development; understanding of development
methodologies and the full Software Development Life Cycle of applications
- Use of common programming tools, demonstrated ability to follow software specifications and ability to
communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel of Business and IT teams.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of team.
- Ability to perform well and professionally in a demanding, high performance IT organization.
- Knowledge or experience in Property and Casualty Insurance
- Experience with full stack development and implementation using AngularJS
- Understanding of enterprise software concepts and Service Oriented Architectures
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Understanding of SOA architectures
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Masters’ Degree in Computer Science, CIS, IS, IT, Electronics Engineering, or related degree plus 2 years of development
experience; OR Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, CIS, IS, IT, Electronics Engineering, or related degree plus 4 years of
progressive development experience. Foreign equivalents accepted.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on- one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Must be proficient with the following: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must also be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.