Executes the accounting process and facilitates the financial reporting process by performing the duties outlined below.
- Download bank activities (All Data Report)
- Record wire transfers, intercompany transfers, and ACH transactions in GP
- Process void & stop payment requests in BoA CashPro, GP, and AS/400
- Maintain and file void/stop payment records and depository records
- Review new vendor cards set up by AP Clerk
- QA documents scanned in Image Now
- Work on ad-hoc projects as assigned
- Special projects upon request
Month/Quarter End Duties:
- Compile month end premium and fees reports
- Prepare monthly MGA & Holding Company invoices
- Prepare month end journal entries for the Insurance, MGA, and Holding companies
- Assist with the preparation of the Irish Pub month end journal entries
- Compile, review and import check registers into GP
- Download monthly bank statements and save in ImageNow
- Record all cash transactions
- Preparation of bank reconciliations
- Preparation of quarterly account reconciliations
- Compile quarterly/annual audit binders
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and other Microsoft applications.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor degree in Accounting major with some related experience and/or training preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute excellent verbal and written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on- one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.