Provides support to claims department by pursuing recovery against tortfeasors.
- Assess policy coverage, determine liability, compensability and damages of claims;
- Plan and conduct investigations (including but not limited to interviewing parties involved, collecting and evaluating documentation and securing evidence and protecting the chain-of-custody) to analyze coverage, determine liability, compensability and damages of claims;
- Determine need for cause and origin experts;
- Prepare subrogation notices and demands to send to at-fault parties;
- Review claimant(s) financial capabilities to ensure all possible avenues of recovery have been examined;
- Maintain awareness of laws that govern the collection activities;
- Detail oriented organizational skills in a multi-tasking environment;
- Assess actual damages associated with claims and conduct negotiations to settle claims within scope of authority;
- Interaction with outside counsel and litigation department required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tack and diplomacy. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Strong organizational and task management skills. Strong relationship management and proven experience delivering high level if internal and external customer service. Computer proficiency with strong skills in Microsoft Office applications. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree desired, or equivalent work experience required; continuing insurance education desired.
Must possess the ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos as well as write simple correspondence. Must also be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Must be proficient with the following: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must also be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
I have carefully read and understand the contents of this job description. I understand the responsibilities and duties expected of me. I also understand that this job description does not constitute a contract of employment nor alter my status as an at will employee. I have the right to terminate my employment at any time and for any reason and Frontline Insurance has a similar right.