Technical Product Manager — Policy Center & Portals
The primary responsibility of Technical Product Manager will be to lead the development teams for the products they are responsible for with in the Frontline’s Insurance suite systems. This role requires a blend of technical leadership, team leadership, and hands-on development. Manage the full lifecycle of products by leading design and delivery of new features, ensuring the quality of the product, and responsible for production support.
- This position leads two Agile development teams (PolicyCenter and Portals) and is responsible for delivery of new features and ensuring the quality of the products
- Provide leadership, guidance, and strategic planning for the development and maintenance teams
- Lead production system issues resolution by assessing severity, assisting with triage, hands-on development, and coordinate with DevOps to ensure timely implementation of fixes in production.
- Work with application, DevOps, and infrastructure teams to ensure the systems performance is optimal
- Evaluate proposed system changes on Guidewire applications to determine effort, impact, timeline, and cross-center/integration dependencies within their area of responsibility
- Work closely with Solutions architect to ensure the technical design is in conformance with solution specifications
- Responsible for producing and maintain all system and technical documentation for the products they are responsible for
- Participate in daily scrum meetings, backlog grooming, project planning, and technical design workshops
- Responsible for overseeing and communicating with Internal and third-party integrations
- Responsible for identifying technical debt and performance improvements and work with product owners to get them prioritized
- Conduct code walk-throughs and other technical reviews throughout development lifecycles
- Establish technical standards lead the team toward technical excellence by defining and executing best practices
- Assist with planning of major system upgrades (Guidewire) and lead the development effort
- Provide support for product requirements and quality assurance
- Provide technical training and consultation to other members of the development team
- Partner with Product Owners and stakeholders across the organization to understand the problem space, needs of our users, and develop solutions.
- Engage in research and discovery efforts, develop hypotheses and work with product owners, other product owners, and stakeholders to recommend innovative solutions
- Keep team and peers abreast of trends, products, frameworks, applications and provide concise summaries of the findings
- Identify knowledge gaps and areas for growth and improvement within the team
- Evaluate performance, set expectations and goals for all direct reports
- Partner with managers for dotted line reports on performance feedback and evaluations
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis position will have supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Strong organizational and task management skills. Strong relationship management and proven experience delivering high level if internal and external customer service. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3+ years of strong hands-on experience in Guidewire PolicyCenter and/or Digital Engage products configuration and integration.
- 6+ years of experience in application design and development, application integration, database management or operations, information security, and technical architecture.
- 2+ years of experience with leading or managing technical teams and/or Software Development projects
- Demonstrated experience in application development, application testing, and component design
- Strong knowledge of Java/JEE, Web Services (SOAP and REST), and Apache Tomcat Application Server
- Good understanding of Architecture Constructs – (Architecture & Design patterns, protocols SOAP, REST etc.), Development Methodologies (Agile, Waterfall)
- A broad technical knowledge of software (platforms, languages, APIs, database, and front-end development)
- Excellent communication, critical thinking, analytical, and presentation skills
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly through self-study
- Significant knowledge of latest software development best practices and procedures
- Strong negotiation, mediation, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to prioritize competing demands
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field. Master’s Degree is a plus
Must possess the ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos as well as write simple correspondence. Must also be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Must be proficient with the following: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must also be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.