Territory Sales Representative – Central FL
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, the Territory Sales Representative will be the primary contact between Frontline Insurance and the assigned independent agency force. The role focuses on promoting the Frontline brand, cultivating existing relationships, identifying new sales opportunities within the current agency force, identifying future agency partners, and training agencies on products and services. This is for the Central Florida Territory.
- Markets Frontline insurance products to independent agencies within the assigned territory and generates increased premium and policy growth by selling carrier benefits to the agents
- Meets or exceeds revenue and profitability goals in assigned territory
- Focuses on leveraging existing field relationships with agency personnel
- Acts as a subject matter expert by providing in-depth training on Frontline Insurance philosophy, products, and procedures
- Through the use of Sales Force, log and record all agency meetings and interactions
- Create and manage Excel reports to report production goals and other projects as needed.
- Works with territory underwriters as necessary to analyze, and identify service issues and product gaps that impact growth and customer satisfaction
- Demonstrate market awareness by knowing key competitors, their products, their strengths and weaknesses, and regulatory issues that may impact production
- Participate in networking events, sales conferences, and trade shows that will help to drive business in the defined territory
- Maintain a broad understanding of the agency marketplace. Provide an analysis of this understanding monthly to VP of Sales with recommendations for changes to increase or maintain production goals depending on monthly results.
- Analyzing and identifying trends by county/territory that need improvement to be proactive in implementing changes.
- Must possess the ability and experience to be pro-active in working to correct issues immediately where results are negative.
- Document why negative results cannot be corrected and develop an alternative plan
- Track production on a regular basis and quickly identify underperformers
- Manage rehabilitation plans for underperformers and/or identify legitimate production hurdles
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to build relationships with key decision makers as well as producers, CSRs and support staff within each agency
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to present in both small and large group settings
- Proficient in excel, Prezi and all other computer programs used by sales.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and being able to report and teach sales staff and apply the knowledge as it applies to the sales job positions.
- Review professional publications and report on any new professional practices that can be implemented to improve processes and manage the results of those processes (through spreadsheets, etc).
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required
- 80% travel by vehicle required with some overnight stays
- We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of strong sales/marketing/underwriting experience
- Bachelor’s degree or professional designation strongly preferred
- Prior insurance experience in a role with territory sales/marketing responsibilities
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute excellent verbal and written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on- one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.