UNDERWRITING SUPPORT SPECIALIST, II
Will assist the Personal Lines Underwriting Department in maintaining an efficient workflow through administrative and research support as well as provide customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processes simple to complex endorsements to existing policies.
- Assists agency partners and insured with accessing the insured/agency portal by troubleshooting issues and submitting an IT ticket if needed.
- Establishes effective relationships and providing outstanding customer service with mortgage companies, agency partners and insureds by answering basic policy and endorsement questions via phone or email and/or in person.
- Assisting agency partners and insured with billing inquires, billing issues amending payment plans via phone or email and/or in person.
- Assists with projects that will allow the Personal Lines Underwriting Department to be more efficient and accurate.
- Handles linking of the queues in Image Now to ensure endorsement work is routed accordingly.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); additionally any undergraduate education desirable, minimum 2 years experience and/or training in P&C Insurance desired; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on- one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Must be proficient with the following: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must also be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
An active 440, 2044 or 220 license is required. An insurance related designation or license for Property and Casualty Insurance is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.