QUALITY ASSURANCE ANALYST II
The QA Analyst, will be primarily responsible for developing and executing test plans for Frontline Insurance core applications (Guidewire Insurance Suite) and portals. This role will also encompass the development and execution of QA strategy and testing plans for the configuration, integration, regression, and user acceptance testing needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be involved in all steps of the ongoing Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) including but not limited to; requirements analysis, test planning, writing and reviewing test cases, executing test cases, and bug logging, tracking and closing.
- Learn and master Guidewire insurance suite application to be able to effectively perform manual functional testing.
- Plan and execute configuration testing, integration testing, regression testing and user acceptance testing of new releases.
- Develop integrated end-to-end functional test plan, including manual and automated test cases.
- Support and maintain all testing related activities during iterative development, system testing, regression testing, and post-production testing.
- Work closely with business analysts and developers to create robust, comprehensive test plans to verify functionality.
- Develop user acceptance test plan to ensure adequate coverage of end user business requirements
- Work in a fast paced, agile team. Work under time constraints to meet project deadlines.
- Possible growth into QA automation.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Strong organizational and task management skills. Strong relationship management and proven experience delivering high level if internal and external customer service. Computer proficiency with strong skills in Microsoft Office applications. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of experience in software testing, development, or related enterprise software experience
- Experience in web, mobile apps, and API testing using manual and/or automation tools
- Knowledge of QA processes, methodologies, and industry best practices
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SKLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), and Scrum/Agile development
- Excellent time management skills including the ability to multi-task, prioritize successfully and adapt to quickly changing goals and priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate testing issues with internal development team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter and able to perform with minimal supervision while working in a diverse team
- Insurance of Financial domain experience preferred but not required
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on- one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.