Accounts Payable Staff
Executes the accounts payable process and facilitates the processing of other insurance company activities by performing the following duties.
- Maintain vendor card in Microsoft GP
- Collect and maintain vendor W-9’s
- Validate agency/vendor tax related information maintained in insurance software systems
- Coordinate electronic approval of invoices
- Process invoices and check requests in Concur Invoice and review for accuracy
- Identify relevant expense/asset account and cost centers by analyzing invoices/expense reports
- Perform integration of AP Vouchers from Concur Invoice into GP
- Validate completeness of records in Microsoft GP
- Mail/distribute AP checks
- Review and audit employee expense reports in Concur
- Research and help answer vendor inquiries on invoice payment status
- Monitor vendor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Perform analysis to identify missing recurring invoices
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Special projects upon request
Month End Duties:
- Assist with accounts payable account reconciliations
- Other duties may be assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. An individual must also be very detail oriented and have high data entry accuracy. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
BA degree required and/or some related (1-3 years) experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of accounts payable and GAAP.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute excellent verbal and written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on- one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.